Welcome to my multi-language blog! I hope you find it interesting. Currently I am learning French, German, Dutch, Spanish and Mandarin to a greater or lesser degree depending on freetime and the level of my motivation. Thanks to some nice friends I can keep this motivation high enough to keep progressing. Please leave some comments if you like. Don't forget to visit my chatroom at Paltalk.com "AlanLancs1 language chatroom" in the "learning and universities" category - see you there!

Monday, July 16, 2007

French/English podcast

Hello,

This time I decided to record a podcast in French as well as a translation in English. I don’t know how many visitors to this site understand French, but I think it is worth putting a podcast completely in French here.

I have been learning French for 16 years. It is always difficult for me, but despite this difficulty I continue with my hobby and improve my French. The French word “pefectionner” is an interesting word, because there isn’t really an equivalent in English. We say “develop”, “learn” or “improve” when we talk of language learning.

A few years ago I was an admin for a chatroom with www.about.com. It was great to have the chance to meet with others who were learning French like me as well as people who spoke French as a mother tongue.
Thanks to the visitors I got lots of information and other interesting websites. Amongst this, someone recommended me to read an “online” book which I am recommending to you. This is a book written by an american whilst working in Paris. Here’s the site. The book is in English and well written for students of French – but it could be useful for people learning English too.

http://www.signiform.com/french/

I find singing songs very useful for language development. Sometimes I sing French songs and I’ve put a few on this podcast site for you which I recorded some months ago following a few concerts at French language learners evening meetings around my area in the UK.

Bye for now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are numerous different pastime suggestions and actions that you could appreciate both on your own or as part of a group.
[url=http://www.listofhobbies.org/]nitro rc cars[/url]